Newborn & Baby
Choosing a newborn or baby photographer can be really hard as there are so many wonderful photographers out there however all photographers approach sessions in different ways. Its really important that you find the photographer that is the best fit for your family. So, let me tell you a little bit about my approach...
1. Sessions are always in your home - I love visiting you in the beautiful chaos and mess that is always around the house when your little one has just arrived. Being at home means you will be much more relaxed & comfortable. You have everything you need to hand and we will work around your little one, stopping as necessary.
2. Beautiful just as you are - babies are perfect just as they are, there is no need for props, flowery headbands, strange little knitted outfits. You are also completely and utterly beautiful. Your body has just done the most amazing thing and you need to be kind to yourself. Don't put off having these photos taken because you are conscious of yourself. This is the most special time in your life and you will look back on these photos in years to come with pure joy and love - I promise.
3. Light and space - the first thing I'll do when I come (after we put the kettle on) is to find the best light in your home. I don't need much space, a standard size bedroom is fine. Usually the majority of the sessions start in the master bedroom. I'm an expert at clearing clutter in a matter of seconds.
You've just done an amazing thing creating this little miracle. You now need time and space to get to know each other. I want you to feel comfortable and relaxed knowing I'm coming to visit - to not worry about the mess and clutter around your home on the day of the shoot. Just think of me as a lovely friend who's popping round for a cup of tea! I will guide you every step of the way. You only need to focus on yourself and loving your little one. Leave the rest to me!
4. Posing babies - I don't do it full stop. My approach is completely natural and relaxed. I will simply guide you and little one into positions so that you are beautifully lit and then let you focus on each other whilst I capture the love.
5. Connection - this is the biggest, most important thing to me. I LOVE capturing the connection between you, your partner, new baby and siblings. All you need to do is to focus on each other and let me do the rest. The connection between you is everything and it's what will make your photographs so special and unique. Just love each other.
6. Babies at any age - babies change and develop every hour and I don't think there is any perfect age for your photoshoot. Whether they are only days old, a few week or months whats most important is to document this special time.